Atletico Madrid seems to be the favourite in a tight game. Can Simeone’s men do the job from the 1st half?
Atletico is, according to the bookies the favorite in this away match against Celta. In addition, the guests have been without defeat for 12 league games and 6 away games. The hosts remained undefeated in 3 home games, but could not win the last 3 league games. Here is our Celta Vigo – Atletico Madrid tip.
Will Celta remain without defeat? Celta de Vigo is fighting to avoid relegation. Oscar Garcia’s team could not win in the last 3 La Liga games with the unexpected 2-2 at home against champions Barcelona, the 1-5 at Mallorca and the 1-1 at home against Betis. After the restart of the league, the Galicians have 2 wins in 7 games, 3 draws and 2 losses. Thus, the club from the northeast of the country is still in the last non-relegation zone (17th), 6 points above the line.
Celta Vigo has remained unbeaten in the Primera Division’s recent 3 home games with a 6-0 win over Alaves and a draw against Barca and Betis. Only in the first home game after the lockdown they were defeated by Villarreal in Vigo. This was one of 5 home losses of the season after 5 wins and 7 draws, making the club only 18th in the home table.
Garcia’s team has scored an average of 1.12 goals per home game with just 0.92 goals. The team scores more than a third of the season after the 75th minute. In 35% of home appearances one of the opponents stays without conceding a goal. Also, in 59% of Vigo home games, both teams cannot score, while in 7 of the last 10 Vigo games and in 71% of home games there are less than 2.5 goals.
Can Atletico score for the 13th league game in a row?
Atletico Madrid wants to secure 3rd place in the league finish. The team of coach Diego Simeone remained in the last 12 games in Primera Division with 7 wins and 5 draws without a defeat. The Rojiblancos only had to surrender four times this season, with 16 successes and 14 draws.
In the table, Atletico is ranked 3rd on the Champions League course, 2 points ahead of the fourth. In 6 of the last 8 clashes, the Rojiblancos against Celta Vigo have not conceded a goal and thus an away win can be risked to zero. Fewer goals can be predicted, because in 6 of the last 7 matches in Vigo the two teams stayed under 2.5 goals.
Last away defeat in February
Atletico Madrid scored in the recent 6 La Liga away games with 2 wins and 4 draws. The last away defeat was in the city derby against Real Madrid on match day 22 in February. In 17 guest appearances, the Rojiblancos celebrated 5 victories and had to surrender 3 times abroad. There were also 9 draws in foreign stadiums and the capital city club is currently number 5 on the away table.
Simeone’s team have scored in their last 6 away games and scored 2 or more goals in 3 recent league games. On average, they score 1.18 goals per game with just 0.88 goals conceded. So with Atletico you can feel safe for fewer goals: in 3 quarters of the away games they have stayed under 2.5 goals. And, in more than every third away game, Atletico remains without conceding a goal and wins every fourth guest game to zero. 47% of the away games Atletico scores the first goal and also is going with a percentage of 24% with a half-time lead.
Stats for the Celta – Atletico Madrid tip
- Celta Vigo’s 1-1 draw at the weekend was not only their third consecutive match where both teams scored, but was also the sixth game from 12 this La Liga season in which they took the lead but failed to win (W6, D5, L1 – when scoring first).
- Just one defeat across their last ten LL home games (W3, D6, L1), and an average of 0.80 goals conceded per fixture during that period, shows Celta can be tough to beat. In fact, their last three home league defeats arrived via a 1-0 scoreline, same as three of their five LL home wins this term.
- Atlético’s 3-0 win last time out made it 12 LL games unbeaten (W7, D5), but was just their eighth league victory from 16 this season in which they led at HT. However, they’ve conceded just 0.74 goals per match so far – the league’s second lowest average – contributing to an average of 2.09 match goals per LL fixture.
- Although unbeaten in six away league games, four of those ended in a ‘score draw’ (W2), contributing to Atlético’s league-high nine LL away draws this term. The visitors’ away matches have been tight, and as such, 76.47% of those matches had under 2.5 goals.
- Celta’s last four matches saw 5+ yellow cards.
- There’s been an average of 2.0 penalties per fixture across Atlético’s last three games.
Celta – Atletico Madrid tip
We predict that in this game both teams cannot score and we will see fewer than 2.5 goals. The BTTS no bet has higher odds than the under 2.5 goals. The guests should have the first goal before the break and so there are also relatively high odds for tip 2 in first half 1. Our betting tip forecast: Tip 2
Bet of the day: Celta – Atletico Madrid
- No Both teams to score
- Under 2.5 goals
- 2 Half time
Within our extensive betting guides you can find various strategies that a player can follow in order to increase his winning chances. Never forget that the most important detail, is to have studied the… details of every match you are going to bet. Especially if you are willing to follow the specific match and include live betting in your menu!
Don’t forget to check the odds at our selected bookmakers and the best bookmakers! BetandSlots can be your perfect guide in online entertainment.