Transfers! Whether during summer or winter it simmers the rumor mill. Is the next Brazilian football magician moving to Barca or is the German defensive giant going to an England football club? And since transfer periods is usually the low betting season – especially in the summer – Bookmakers offer a special transfer betting market for sports fans adding some extra… taste on your gambling plate!
Rumors are often the only topic of discussion among sports fans around the world: is Lionel Messi going to leave Barcelona? Which is going to be Jadon Sancho next club? What are Bruno Fernades next club odds? Where can I find Arsenal transfer odds? The same goes with Liverpool, Tottenham, Man United, Real Madrid, Juventus, Paris Sain Germain, Bayern Munich and every major club.
But did you know that you can also bet on potential transfers? Yes of course! This is possible with a few bookies that we will introduce to you in this article. We also give you instructions, tips and strategies so that you don’t end up in the storeroom of the rumor mill with your transfers bet or transfer specials.
Transfers bet explained
With transfer bets, top Bookmakers offer odds on whether a player signs with club XY by a certain date (usually the transfer deadline) either for summer or winter transfers. Usually there are several clubs to choose from, where a player could switch. According to our experience, if there is a rumor of a top player’s transfer in the media for a while, you will also get transfer odds for the specific transfer bet from most of the bookies in the industry.
The best bookmakers for your transfer bets
There are thousands of bookmakers to choose from and place your wager, but here we ranked the top online bookies according to their free bet offers and gamble options. Remember to read through terms and conditions of each offer before accepting it! Check out the Betandslots rankings in the table below:
|RANKING||BOOKMAKER||FREEBET ON OFFER||MIN. DEPOSIT||PLAY NOW|
|1||MelBet||Bet €10 and get a Free €30||€10||Free Bet|
|2||Bettilt||On your first deposit get a Free €30 Bet||€15||Free Bet|
|3||EnergyBet||Bet €10 and get €10||€10||Free Bet|
|4||BetPat||Bet €10 and get a Free €10 Bet||€10||Free Bet|
Transfer betting market
There are some small but subtle differences within sports bets on the transfer market. Which? This will be revealed below by briefly explaining the different types of transfer bets.
- Player moves to a specific club. The betting provider specifies a selection of clubs to which the player switches before the transfer window expires. The number of clubs can vary widely and is usually between two and six, but it can also consist of 15 or more teams. Most bookmakers are based on the current rumor in which a player is associated with clubs.
- Player moves to a certain country or certain league. With this option – which is not always offered – a bet is made on a move, but instead of committing to a specific club, you bet that the player will move to, for example, England, Germany, Spain, China or the USA. in their leagues such as the Premier League, Bundesliga, La Liga, etc. It is a good option, especially when several clubs from the same country show a strong interest in a player.
- Player does not move and stays with the club. Despite persistent speculation, are you convinced that the player in question will remain loyal to his current employer during the current transfer period? Then of course you can also bet on it. Often the list of clubs also includes the player’s current club. Alternatively, it is stated that no contract will be signed with any other club.
- Special feature of loan exchange. The chance of a successful transfer bet increases. If you want to bet on player change, please note that not only fixed transfers apply, but also player loans. Here, a player joins another club for a certain period of time – usually one or two seasons. A win-win situation for all parties involved: the receiving club gets its “dream” player in return for payment of a loan fee and usually full payment of the salary costs, while the releasing club can (at least temporarily) removes players willing to change from its payroll.
Transfers bet in basketball, handball and other sports
Transfer betting is a phenomenon that we have mostly only seen in football. Sure, in tennis there are no transfers, in handball the public focus is not so much on them. However: indirectly you can bet on transfers in basketball and football .
The so-called draft in US sports, in which the best young players were selected by the teams, has also become increasingly popular during the last years. For example, the NBA Draft or NFL Draft is now broadcast live on TV. More and more bookmakers are therefore also offering bet options on the draft – which are ultimately transfer bets, only for basketball and football.
How do I place a transfer bet?
- Register or log in your favorite bookmaker. Create an account or log in to an existing account with a bookmaker who provides transfers bet.
- Go to sports and then to the “Football” section. Transfer bets are mostly hidden in the area of “long-term bets” or special bets.
- Now you can search for the player whose transfer you want to bet on. Click on the club that you think will sign the player. The tip ends up in your betting slip and you can tap on the transfer by entering a stake. If the transfer takes place, you get the profit on the account. If the player does not change or if he goes to another club, you will get nothing.
Transfer betting strategy
Unlike other strategies, statistics or the like do not help you with transfers bet. Instead, you have to keep an eye on all the news about the player and the potential new clubs. If you are interested in transfers bet you should pay attention to the following:
Current news and detailed information: To get an initial overview of the transfer market, for example, a look at the transfer update from the TV channel Sky Sport News HD is sufficient. You should also study the news pages for the relevant leagues and check how often a portal was correct in the past with forecast transfers.
Social Media: Use Twitter and follow the transfer experts of a specific country. For example, the Italian journalist Gianluca di Marzio is considered particularly resourceful when it comes to transfers especially in Italy. If you know a little faster than the bookmaker, it can pay off in your bet.
Tip: Check out the player women’s Instagram profiles. Not only once did a player’s woman accidentally announce a transfer on Instagram that was not yet publicly known. This happened, for example, in January 2020, when Ina Aogo complained in an Instagram story about the change of scenery for Davy Selke and his wife from Berlin to Bremen – at the time, nothing was known about Selke moving from Hertha to Bremen.
If you have informed yourself, then compare the betting providers where you will get the highest odds for your bet. Once you have narrowed down the potential new clubs, you can split your stake and bet on two clubs.
Transfers bet is a cool market. The odds reflect the probabilities of players changing clubs, with this knowledge you can also score points with friends. If you want to bet on transfers, keep an eye on the news and divide up your efforts if necessary. In our experience, it is then possible to make a profit with transfers bet.
Transfer betting FAQ
Is there a bonus for this kind of bets?
Not directly. However, many providers have a bonus for new customers and if transfers bet are not explicitly excluded in the bonus terms and conditions, you can also use them to place transfer bets.
Can I also combine transfer bets?
Yes, the best bookmakers in the market allow you to place combo transfer bets.