The restart of La Liga was differently successful for both clubs. While Real Betis lost 4 out of 8 games, Atletico Madrid has been unbeaten. The “Colchoneros” want to continue this series and are the big favorites to do it. They also have won in Sevilla during the first round. And this time Atletico Madrid has the home right on it’s side. Here is our Atletico Madrid – Betis tip for the bet of the day.
Unbeaten since the restart! Atletico Madrid are firmly targeting next season’s participation in the Champions League. Three games before the end of the season, the club from Madrid is in 3rd place in the table. The lead from Villareal (5th) is already 6 points. Accordingly, the “Colchoneros” could make sure the participation in the highest European club with a win against Betis Sevilla.
The signs are relatively good. Four league games were only lost throughout the season. Since the restart, the “Rojiblancos” have also been unbeaten. They won 5 games and 3 times they had a draw. Atletico Madrid is known for a safe defense. With only 26 goals conceded, the club has the second best line of defense in the league after Real Madrid. In 24 of 35 season games, a maximum of 2 goals were scored.
Almost invincible at home
Atletico Madrid did not go beyond a 1-1 draw at Celta Vigo last Tuesday. The “Colchoneros” could not defend the early lead, which Alvaro Morata achieved in the 1st minute. In their own stadium, however, they are significantly stronger this season than in away appearances. Only one game was lost in Wanda Metropolitano at home. 11 of 17 home games were won. In the recent past, Atletico Madrid has even been almost invincible at home. The “Rojiblancos” have won 5 out of their last 6 home games and 3 out of 6 times they remained in typical Atletico style without conceding any goal.
No motivation for Betis. After 35 completed match days, Betis is in 13th place. The team, which has been coached by interim coach Alexis Trujillo since June 21, 2020, has a season record of 10 wins, 11 draws and 14 losses. For Real Betis this season is basically nothing. The gap to the European ranks is already 10 points and the club from Andalusia has a lead of 12 points on the relegation places. This aimlessness could be an obstacle to motivation for the tasks ahead. The “Beticos” have one of the most vulnerable defenses in the entire league. Only the bottom of the table Espanyol and Mallorca have conceded as many goals (or more) as Betis.
Betis won only one away game this season
Despite this weak defensive line, Betis did not concede a goal last Wednesday. They won the game against Osasuna very clearly. However, away from home this season is not nearly as good as in their own stadium for the “Beticos”. In the entire season they won only one away game. 4 out of the last 5 appearances abroad were also lost. In 10 out of 17 games on foreign terrain, a maximum of 2 goals were scored. Against the coming opponent, Atletico Madrid, there were also few goals to admire in the past. In 6 out of the last 7 H2Hs, fewer than 3 goals were scored.
Stats for the Atletico Madrid – Betis tip
- A 1-1 draw last time out extended Atlético’s unbeaten streak to 13 La Liga games (W7, D6), and means all six draws during that period saw both teams to score. They’ve now netted before Half Time in four of their last five games, although there’s been a goalless first half in the previous four H2Hs (W2, D1, L1).
- Atlético are enjoying a nine-game unbeaten La Liga run at home (W7, D2), and have won eight of the nine league matches here in which they scored first (D1). Just five of their 11 home wins saw them lead at HT though, but a strong goal difference between Half Time and the 75th minute here (GF: 9, GA: 0) has ensured an impressive second-half record at home (SH: W8, D7, L2).
- Real Betis lost nine of the 11 league matches in which they conceded the opener this season (W1, D1, L9).
- Betis are winless in their last ten La Liga away games (D5, L5), netting an average of just 0.80 goals per fixture across that period. They have, however, scored 35.71% of their La Liga away goals in the opening 15 minutes, but despite that they’ve led at Half Time just once on the road (HT: W1, D9, L7).
- There’s been five penalties across Atlético’s last four home games.
- Betis have failed to score in 41.18% of their away league fixtures.
- There’s been a goalless Half Time scoreline in 41.18% of Atlético’s La Liga home games, and 41.18% of Betis away games.
Atletico Madrid – Betis tip
Atletico Madrid are clearly the favorites against Betis Sevilla. The “Colchoneros” got off to a good start and have been unbeaten since the game started again. They also won 11 of 17 games this season at Wanda Metropolitano. On the other hand, the guests from Andalusia lost 4 of 8 games after the restart and are one of the weakest clubs away from home in the league. They have won only one away game, 4 of the last 5 guest appearances were lost. Therefore, we recommend a tip for a home win. In the aspect of goals we predict less than 2.5 goals. In 24 of 35 season games Atletico scored a maximum of 2 goals and in away games Betis also had less than 3 goals in 10 of 17 cases.
Bet of the day: Atletico Madrid – Betis
- Under 2.5 goals
- Real Madrid – Alaves tip
Within our extensive betting guides you can find various strategies that a player can follow in order to increase his winning chances. Never forget that the most important detail, is to have studied the… details of every match you are going to bet. Especially if you are willing to follow the specific match and include live betting in your menu!
Don’t forget to check the odds at our selected bookmakers and the best bookmakers! BetandSlots can be your perfect guide in online entertainment.