The home team is lifting the Premier League trophy, while the Blues are visiting Anfield ready to bite their opponents, spoil the party, while fighting for their Champions League place
Liverpool is the best team in this year’s Premier League season and has been sensational in the last two years, but since the championship title has been established, they have only won 2 out of 5 games. For Chelsea, it’s about the importance of the Champions League place. The Blues don’t always convince away and the Reds are still undefeated at home. Based on these facts, we would advise against a win bet. We are most likely to see a tip in this game on Both teams to score (BTTS) and for over 2.5 goals. Here is our Liverpool – Chelsea tip for the bet of the day:
Bet of the day: Liverpool – Chelsea
- Over 2.5 goals
- Both teams to score (BTTS)
Within our extensive betting guides you can find various strategies that a player can follow in order to increase his winning chances. Never forget that the most important detail, is to have studied the… details of every match you are going to bet. Especially if you are willing to follow the specific match and include live betting in your menu!
Don’t forget to check the odds at our selected bookmakers and the best bookmakers! BetandSlots can be your perfect guide in online entertainment.
18+ Gamble Responsibly.
Liverpool – Chelsea tip
Liverpool will face Chelsea on Matchday 37 in the Premier League. While Liverpool is all about prestige in the last few games, Chelsea has to defend their Champions League spot. At the moment, the Blues are only one point ahead of the 5th placed Manchester United but also are in great shape. On the other side, new English champions, the Reds, seem to have lost motive and concentration. Here is our Liverpool – Chelsea tip for the bet of the day!
Unbeaten in 58 Premier League home games… Since the 1-2 defeat against Crystal Palace on April 23, 2017, Liverpool have not lost a game on Anfield in the Premier League. As a result, they are still unbeaten at home. Until the last matchday, they could even win any of the 17th home games this season. However, after winning the title, they had a draw 1-1 against Burnley. Since the title fight was over, they won only 2 out of the last 5 games. Of course, the record is still outstanding for Klopp’s team with 30 wins, 3 draws and only 3 losses. With only 29 goals conceded, they still have the best defense in the league.
In the last 3 games, however, they have conceded at least one goal in each match. In their own stadium they have scored 47 goals and only conceded 13. It is also impressive that Liverpool has already taken a half-time lead in 14 of 18 home games. The Reds have scored a goal in 100% of their previous home games. However, the current form has been somewhat lost, which is why they are only in the 11th place in the form table (last five games). They have won only 7 points (2 wins, 1 draw, 2 losses) with a negative goal record (7-8).
Defending Champions League spot
Chelsea is the only top team in the Premier League, they could not strengthen the squad with new players in the summer and therefore relied on last season’s team and on the youth of the club. Coach Frank Lampard did this in an outstanding manner, as evidenced by the 3rd place in the table.The Blues were able to collect 63 points after 36 games, but they only have a lead of one point over Manchester United. So, in order to play in next year’s Champions League they need 2 victories in the last two games to be 100% safe.
However, the team is not always stable away from home, because in addition to the 9 wins, they also suffered 6 losses and other 3 games ended in a draw. With 36 goals they make the 2nd best away offence, but at the same time they have conceded 33 goals. An average of 3.83 goals per away game and 83% of the games end with more than 2.5 goals. In the last 6 away games, the mark of 2.5 goals has always been reached. However, the Blues could only win 2 out of the last 8 away games. The last of them ended in a 3-0 loss to the exceptional Sheffield United. This was the 9th consecutive away game where they conceded at least one goal.
Stats for the Liverpool – Chelsea tip
- A 2-1 defeat at Arsenal made it two winless games for Liverpool (D1, L1), and three in a row where both teams scored. However, that was the first Premier League (PL) game this season that Liverpool lost after scoring first, having won 26 of 28 games in which they netted the opener this campaign.
- The new Premier League champions remain unbeaten at home this league campaign (W17, D1), with 13 of their victories seeing them lead at HT, and 11 producing a 2+ goal margin. However, the Reds have won just one of the last nine competitive H2Hs at Anfield (W1, D5, L3), despite opening the scoring in the last three.
- Chelsea haven’t drawn in 11 competitive matches (W9, L2), with six of those games seeing just one side score, and six being decided by a one-goal margin.
- The Blues have been an exciting team to watch this Premier League campaign, with an average of 3.14 total goals per match. That rises to a league-high 3.83 on the road (1.78 first-half goals) and unsurprisingly, they’ve also seen a league-high 77.78% of their away matches feature both teams to score. That’s also been the case in eight of the last ten competitive H2Hs held at Anfield.
- Sadio Mane scored last time out, and has netted in Liverpool’s last four home wins while Olivier Giroud has scored the opener in three of Chelsea’s last four PL games.
- Five of Liverpool’s last eight Premier League games featured over 1.5 first-half goals.
- Chelsea haven’t seen a goalless first half for 11 Premier League matches.
- Liverpool have scored in both halves in 55.56% of their Premier League home games.
- These two sides have hit the woodwork a combined 30 times this league season.