Who will be Formula 1 World Champion 2020? After the first nine races had to be canceled due to Covid-19 crisis, the engines finally started. The Formula 1 start of the 2020 season will be held in Styrian Spielberg (Red Bull Ring), Austria, where the first two races will take place. On this analysis we dare to predict the coming season, look at the facts and the stats for the F1 world cup and give an assessment of the chances that Lewis Hamilton can not only defend his title, but also can catch up the legendary record champ Michael Schumacher. So who will become Formula 1 World Champion 2020 and who will secure the crown with the manufacturers? Who can win the start in Austria?
What are the predictions before F1 starts?
You don’t have to be a prophet to be able to predict: The 2020 world cup title is only about Lewis Hamilton in the dominant Mercedes. The Briton has already won the driver classification 6 times, most recently 3 in a row. With the 7th Formula 1 World Championship title, the 35-year-old would catch up with Michael Schumacher – the big goal for the reigning champ.
Hamilton is the big favorite for the betting providers and the Dutch Max Verstappen is traded as the second favorite. Behind them comes Hamilton’s teammate Valtteri Bottas. A changing of the guard is forecast at Ferrari, where young star Charles Leclerc is given better chances of winning the title than four-time world champion Sebastian Vettel, whose farewell to Scuderia is already certain after the end of the season. All other drivers in the field, according to predictions, have no chance of winning the 2020 series.
Betting odds for the 2020 World Champion:
- Lewis Hamilton: 1.50-1.60
- Max Verstappen: 5.00-6.50
- Valtteri Bottas: 7.00-8.50
- Charles Leclerc: 7.50-9.00
- Sebastian Vettel: 12.50-14.00
The provisional 2020 calendar
- Austrian Grand Prix – Spielberg Austria: 4th July 2020
- Grand Prix of Styria – Spielberg Austria: July 12, 2020
- Hungarian Grand Prix – Hungaroring: July 19, 2020
- UK Grand Prix – Silverstone: August 2, 2020
- 70th Anniversary Grand Prix – Silverstone: August 9, 2020
- Grand Prix of Spain – Barcelona: 16 August 2020
- Belgian Grand Prix – Spa-Francorchamps: August 30, 2020
- Italian Grand Prix – Monza: September 6, 2020
Who will win the Austrian Grand Prix?
Similar to the 2020 champion, bookmakers see Hamilton as a great hunt for the start in Austria. Although, the Brit have only won once in Austria in 2016. Verstappen is forecast to be the second favorite for the first round of the year. He is coming with two wins in a row in Austria (2018, 2019). The 3rd-lowest odds are for Bottas, who won the last Mercedes win in Austria, will get 2017. Lerclerc is given greater chances of victory by the experts for the win in Spielberg than his German team-mate Vettel, who is still waiting for his first win in Austria.
Our prediction: Although Mercedes won the first 4 races at the Red Bull Ring after returning to the Formula 1 calendar, it had its problems in the high air in Styria. This is why Verstappen prevailed in the Red Bull in the past two events and the Dutch are, according to our forecasts, a hot candidate for victory again this year – especially with lucrative betting odds.
Betting odds for the Austrian Grand Prix:
- Lewis Hamilton: 2.50-3.00
- Max Verstappen: 2.90-3.50
- Valtteri Bottas: 5.00-7.50
- Charles Leclerc: 6.00-8.50
- Sebastian Vettel: 7.50-11.00
- Alexander Albon: 25.00-32.00
Drivers and teams
- Lewis Hamilton – Mercedes
- Valtteri Bottas – Mercedes
- Sebastian Vettel – Ferrari
- Charles Leclerc – Ferrari
- Max Verstappen – Red Bull Racing
- Alexander Albon – Red Bull Racing
- Lando Norris – McLaren
- Carlos Sainz – McLaren
- Daniel Ricciardo – Renault
- Esteban Ocon – Renault
- Pierre Gasly – AlphaTauri
- Daniil Kvyat – AlphaTauri
- Sergio Pérez – Racing Point
- Lance Stroll – Racing Point
- Kimi Raikkonen – Alfa Romeo
- Antonio Giovinazzi – Alfa Romeo
- Kevin Magnussen – Haas
- Romain Grosjean – Haas
- George Russell – Williams
- Nicholas Latifi – Williams
Which team will become Formula 1 World Champion 2020?
As with the drivers, there is nothing like Mercedes with the designers. The Stuttgart-based carmaker could celebrate its 7th world cup in a row in 2020 and its 9th overall as an engine supplier. Mercedes is clearly favored for the bookies. They are followed by Ferrari and Red Bull, who are still given very good chances of breaking Mercedes dominance. For Scuderia it would be the first title with the manufacturers since 2008, the 17th world title overall. Red Bull Racing won the title four times in a row in front of Mercedes, from 2010 to 2013. According to the forecasts, Renault, McLaren, Racing Point, AlphaTauri and Alpha Romeo will match the title “Best of the Rest”. Haas and Williams are more likely to follow.
Our prediction: Mercedes are the big favorites and will dominate once again in the world championship.
Betting odds for the 2020 World Champion Team:
Red Bull: 7.00-8.50
What special bets are there for the opening race?
In addition to the bets for the winner, you can also make other interesting special bets for the first world cup run in Austria. We would like to introduce you to one of the most lucrative betting markets. You can bet that Lewis Hamilton will not win the first world cup race . The odds for this is below 1.50. You can make a prediction for the podium, with Alex Albon being an attractive option in the Red Bull.
Mercedes doubles your stake for the victorious manufacturer in Austria. For a Red Bull home win you get 3 times back. There are also special markets for the rankings. So you can make head-to-head bets among stable rivals in the bookies. There are also bets on 1st place without Hamilton, in which Verstappen is predicted as the winner ahead of Bottas and Leclerc.