The northern London derby is also a battle for a ticket for next year’s international competitions.
Tottenham hosts Arsenal in a duel where the two teams are only separated by one point, but both had expected something different and better from this season. With 10th and 8th place in the table, no team (at that moment) is qualified for international business next season. And the loser in this clash will be out of the European Cup race, making it an enormously important game. Here is our Tottenham – Arsenal tip for the bet of the day.
Tottenham Hotspur experience of a season to be forgotten just one year after the Champions League final. The team could not convince from the start, which even led to the dismissal of star coach Mauricio Pochettino. Jose Mourinho took over the position of head coach but the team could hardly recover even under the “Special One”. After 34 games, the Spurs are still only in 10th place in the middle of the table.
Only the slight gap of 3 points to the 6th (European) place gives them hope. For that they need a win against the eternal rival Arsenal. However, the current form does not necessarily speak for the Spurs, because they had only 2 wins in the last 8 games.In these 8 games, they only managed to score twice more than one goal per game. Overall, the goal difference stands at 52-44 goals. The record is 13 wins, 10 draws and 11 losses. 10 of the 13 victories were celebrated in their own stadium.
With 33 points from 17 home games, they occupy 5th place in the home table. The goal difference of 31-16 goals is also impressive. The Spurs have been unbeaten in their 3 home games and the last two were wins without conceding a single goal. On the last matchday against Bournemouth kept the clean sheet. Only 3 out of the last 9 home games ended with more than 2.5 goals.
Arsenal are in good shape
The Gunners season started just as badly as that of the Spurs and they also had to change coaches. However, an upward trend can be seen at Arsenal under Mikel Arteta. The Spanish coach and his team have only lost 4 of their last 22 games and in the league has been unbeaten for 4 games. In the table, however, the Gunners are only in 8th place. However, the gap to the Wolves is only 2 points, which means that they have their chances for the 6th place especially if they win against the Spurs and we are correct on our Tottenham – Arsenal tip.
If you look at the balance sheet, it quickly becomes clear that this season’s many draws have been doomed. In addition to 12 wins, 14 games ended with a draw and only 8 times there was a loss. But no other team in the league “met” with draws so often in the season. The goal difference of 50-42 differs slightly from that of Tottenham. A disadvantage in this game is the Gunners’ weakness away from Emirates, as only 4 of 17 away games were won.
In addition to 5 losses, 8 games ended in a draw. After all, they won the last two away games without conceding a goal. In general, they have won 3 of the last 4 games without conceding a goal, only on the previous match day against Leicester they did concede a goal in the 1-1 draw. In the first round the H2H clash ended in a 2-2 draw. It was the second consecutive draw for Arsenal against the Spurs. Alson they didn’t manage to win in 4 away games, even if 2 ended in a tie.
Stats for the Tottenham – Arsenal tip
- With no goalless draw in the last 25 North London derbies and both teams scoring in 17 of those, as well as at least six total cards and a penalty awarded in each of the last three Premier League meetings, action seems unavoidable in this highly anticipated clash.
- Tottenham Hotspur may be unbeaten in three Premier League home games (W2, D1), and five Premier League home H2Hs (W3, D2), but it’s worth noting that they’ve scored two or fewer goals in each of those eight combined matches. Despite that, they’ve still netted a healthy average of 2.11 goals per Premier League home match this term, and have led at HT in six of their ten PL wins here.
- A 1-1 draw versus Leicester made it four Premier League games unbeaten for Arsenal (W3, D1), but was also their sixth game this season in which they forfeited a Half Time lead for a Foul Time draw – a league-high. Furthermore with four of the last six Premier League goals they’ve conceded coming in or after the 75th minute, the “Gunners” could be nervy late on.
- Tottenham’s Harry Kane has scored in four straight Premier League H2Hs – he netted a penalty in the last three.
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang netted in the last H2H, and has scored the opener in two of Arsenal’s last three matches.
- Five of Tottenham’s last seven competitive home wins have come by a one-goal margin.
- There’s been at least one goal after the 85th minute in Arsenal’s last five competitive away games.
- The opener has been netted by the 20th minute in the last four H2Hs.
Tottenham – Arsenal tip
Both teams still hope for a Europa League place, but they need a victory in the London clash. At the moment, the Gunners seem to be a little stronger side than the Spurs. They have been unbeaten in the league for the last 4 games. However, due to the many draws this season, we will “secure” the tip by recommending a double chance X/2. Our second suggestion is for both teams to score.
Bet of the day: Tottenham – Arsenal
- Double chance X/2
- Both teams to score
Within our extensive betting guides you can find various strategies that a player can follow in order to increase his winning chances. Never forget that the most important detail, is to have studied the… details of every match you are going to bet. Especially if you are willing to follow the specific match and include live betting in your menu!
Don’t forget to check the odds at our selected bookmakers and the best bookmakers! BetandSlots can be your perfect guide in online entertainment.